Wednesday, September 03, 2008

More Hero Arts


So, I couldn't put the stamps away. I went down to work on my card for this week's SketchThis! and these little snow people were looking up at me sad I didn't use them before.

Sticking with the Kraft card theme, I grabbed a Crafty Creations tag card from WorldWin Papers and added the snowy scene to it.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you that have left a comment for the troops. My husband does read my blog everyday from Iraq just to see what we've been up to and it warms my heart to see so many of you show your support for all those that have and are serving in our Military.

I did have to explain to him about the Cards for Heros and he really liked the idea and said they have a common table where they put out things for any of his unit to take and use as they need. He said the cards would be very much appreciated. Thanks to Sandy from Cards for Heros, his unit will be receiving a box of gorgeous, hand made cards.
Thank you all!
Please still leave a comment here if you would like to be put in the drawing for the stamps so generously donated by Hero Arts. I'll draw a name on Friday.

Also... book update! *** All calls were sent out this morning! Thank you ALL for your amazing layouts to choose from. They were amazing and made the job of picking soooooo difficult!***

Have a great one!
-kimber

12 comments:

Kimmie said...

Thanks to your DH. i am participating in Jens cards for Heros.....i have a bunch of misc cards already made and working on some others too! (and i stink at cards)

Sarah Mullanix said...

You've been tagged alreay I'm sure, but you're on my top 7 favorite blogs and inspiring scrappers so I had to tag you again.

Sarah Mullanix
www.sarahmmullanix.blogspot.com
sarahmullanix@yahoo.com

Lisa Dorsey said...

Such a great card Kimber! Love that craft paper and those cute little snowmen!

Sawyer's Mommy said...

Super cute snowman card.

Zarah said...

Aww! That is so CUTE! :D

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic card!

MandeeM said...

I love this card. I love how it is shaped like a tag and I love snowmen, so I think it is absolutely adorable!

Paula said...

Love your card and thank your dh for serving and protecting our country. Here's to hoping the time you wait for him flies by!

Linh C. said...

I love using Kraft paper. It's so versatile and allows the other colors/embelishments to shine!

Erin said...

I would love to send some cards overseas to thank our men and women ... love the cute cute card.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to your hubby and the thousands of men and women fighting for our freedoms. Please remember this Thursday, Sept. 11th to wear your red, white and blue and put out your flags to remember the fallen and those that serve to protect us. We are ever grateful. Be blessed, God's favor and hand of protection is over you until you come back home!

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable! I'm working on some cards for the card drive too - although mine aren't anywhere near as good as yours.