Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December projects-- WorldWin

There are certain months and times of year it is so much fun to make projects for my monthly assignments.
Christmas is definitely a time where crafting time is limited but so much fun when you can actually sit and play with paper and glue.

For our assignments this month at WorldWin Papers, we were using the Crafter's Companion. This is a tool that allows you all different ways to score paper to create more than a folded card.

I did use it just for that on the 'Let it Snow' Card but for my blog project I went a bit beyond the typical card.

With the Crafter's Companion, you get written instructions and a video DVD to show you how to use the tool. I followed along, step by step to create this little triangle 'box' tree. A quick and easy way to give an ornament, gift card or other small, lightweight item. Full step out instructions (with photos) for this project are on the Paper Crazy Blog.
Next, I did this layout with double duty in mind. Remember, crafting time is limited this time of year. ;)
This week is my week on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog so I used the scraps from my Christmas cards to create a Christmas layout. All the pieces on this layout are things I used on my cards. Normally, I use the scraps from a layout to create a card. It was fun to try to incorporate the card items on my layout instead.
Full supply list for this project is on the SCT blog and in the Paper Crazy blog gallery.

Now, back to wrapping!

Have a good one!
-kimber

2 comments:

marcibun said...

Great projects Kimber! Merry Christmas to you and the kids - and I'm praying for Bill and his unit to have a safe holiday.

KathyT said...

That snow globe card is just too cute! It's all gorgeous!